Sunday, November 28, 2010

Lovesick Paranoia

Okay, I am going to start this post with a few anecdotes.  A friend of mine recently told me a story about how she thought someone was hitting on her and it freaked her out a bit.  Another friend told me of two incidents in which he thought two different people were hitting on him.  Yet a third friend of mine has a huge crush on this girl and is totally trying to drop hints.  Friend four recently started dating a guy she worked on a drama production with.  Friends five and six complain at times about their boyfriends being less than emotionally available.  Friend seven is in love with someone who can never return her feelings.  Friend eight cycles through boyfriends.  Friends nine and ten are dating, and then not, and then again.  And the list goes on.

And here I sit, listening to "Marry You" from the Glee episode "Furt" on YoutubeRepeat. 

Relationships are confusing beasts.  For some they offer excitement, for others they bring security.  Some think that they come filled with passion.  Some find them more subdued.  No two are the same, no two are entirely different.  But all of this "love in the air" gives me pause.  With everyone hitting on everyone else, why are some people left out?  I dislike throwing myself a pity party, but I have to wonder, why am I left out?  (I think it would be a bad thing to list negative qualities about myself here, so I won't.)

I think, at least at the moment, that it is somewhat because I have to wait for someone else to make the first move.  If someone were flirting with me, I honestly think it would go straight over my head.  So until then, I am getting sick of this lovesick paranoia. 

No comments:

Post a Comment